Enter your information and a Smart Start representative will follow up with you as soon as possible to schedule your installation. Thanks for your business!
You've probably heard it called different things. But is there a difference between a vehicle interlock system, a blow and go, a car breathalyzer, and an ignition interlock device? An ignition interlock device is the proper term for devices sometimes referred to as many other names. What you call it is not as important as the role it plays in stopping drunk drivers. Smart Start of Louisiana offers many products and at very affordable prices with low-cost installation and service.
Smart Start of Louisiana provides the most advanced, discreet, and simple to use products to separate drinking from driving. Whether you're a new customer, an existing customer, or an authority or attorney signing up a client, we have the right solution for you.
Most of our customers will have either the SSI-20/20 or SSI-20/30 plus a corresponding logger or relay installed in their vehicle. These car devices provide optimal value, design, and usability. They offer a large format viewing screen, a sleek and discreet design, user-friendly operations, and fast and accurate results to get you back on the road faster.
We do also offer portable devices which are sometimes useful in various situations:
- helping you quickly and conveniently monitor your own drinking
- providing support and accountability for a family member or friend struggling with alcohol addiction
- monitoring teen drivers
- making sure employees and workplace drivers are sober on the job
- keeping an eye on a parent’s behavior as part of a child custody case
- allowing health professionals to check up on addiction and rehabilitation patients
The S.M.A.R.T. (Sobriety Monitoring and Reporting Technology) mobile device is a battery-operated portable device that measures the alcohol content (BAC) in the user’s breath. It meets evidence-based practices, is court admissible, monitors all client risk levels, and offers customized tests such as random, scheduled, or on-demand.
The features offered on base models differ, but other options can usually be added upon request. Some of our most popular features include:
- GPS modem: Allows quicker notifications and reporting, can be used with or without a camera unit, is compatible with all Smart Start interlocks, and offers additional convenience when permitted by authority
- Positive ID camera: Helps to positively identify the end user of the device, has tamper detection features, and offers peace of mind to the end user and authority
If you choose Smart Start of Louisiana you are choosing the most experienced, technologically advanced, and customer service oriented ignition interlock provider in the industry.
With all of the interlock devices out there, we know choosing the right one can seem like a daunting task. We also know that the terminology used to describe the devices can be just as challenging to understand. What is an IID? What is a BAIID (Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device)? While the jargon used to describe these devices can be complex and confusing, our qualified team of experts is ready to answer all of your questions and to make the process as easy as possible. Call us or fill out our contact form and one of our staff members will be in touch to discuss which product is right for you!
- Sign Up Now & Save
20% on Your Installation!
Thank You! A Smart Start representative will contact you as soon as possible.
I'm Brand New to Smart Start
I'm Already a Customer
I'm An Authority or Attorney