Enter your information and a Smart Start representative will follow up with you as soon as possible to schedule your installation. Thanks for your business!
You have received a DUI or DWI, and you are required to have an OMV-approved ignition interlock device installed. Now you’re wondering what you can expect during the process, and you’re already stressed about the expense and time it will require. Smart Start of Louisiana understands that this is a rough time for you. We will do our best to make sure the installation and service of your automobile breathalyzer is one less worry.
Our certified installation process is easy! Here is a summary:
1. Call us or just complete our contact form to start the process. If you fill out the form, one of our agents call you back and you will get a 20% discount on the already low price of our installation.
2. Set up an appointment for the installation. Since you’ll be speaking to an actual person, we’ll make sure your appointment is at a convenient time. We’ll ask you where you live and work to help determine which location is right for you.
3. Arrive at your scheduled appointment at the Smart Start of Louisiana location you chose. We’ll make sure you fill out all required paperwork. Our certified technicians will install the unit. Meanwhile, you’ll receive training on how to interact with the device. A short video is helpful in showing you things you need to know about your new vehicle breathalyzer and how it works.
That's it! You’ll be back on the road quickly. Here are a few things you need to bring with you to your appointment:
- a photo ID: If you do not have a photo ID, bring 2 pieces of mail showing proof of residency.
- the vehicle: You will need to be sure your vehicle is in good working order. If you are unsure about the condition of your starter, alternator, or battery, please have a mechanic test your system ahead of time to be sure everything is working properly. The ignition interlock device is a piece of electronic equipment which is powered by your vehicle. If your starter/ignition system, battery, or alternator is not functioning properly, it will not allow the unit to function properly. We do not install our devices on any inoperable vehicles.
- vehicle registration: If your vehicle is new or you have misplaced your registration, just bring in proof of purchase or ownership. If you do not own the vehicle, the owner will be required to sign a waiver to allow you to install the device in their vehicle.
You will only be required to bring your vehicle in once a month for service and calibration. During these visits, you will make your monthly payment and schedule your next monthly service. Your device will be calibrated and inspected to maintain all state and program requirements. All necessary device information will be downloaded and sent to your monitoring authority. If you are working or can't make it to your scheduled appointment, we can work with you. If approved by your authority, our unit allows a grace period past your appointment to give you a little extra time to get in for service.
Once all state and program requirements are fulfilled, a removal can be scheduled. OMV clients should retain any forms given to you after applying for your ignition interlock license. Clients monitored by a judge or other monitoring authority may receive an official removal clearance or notification on letterhead. You may need your court minutes stating the order to remove the unit. Regardless of who ordered your device, all clients will need to present a valid driver's license with no interlock restrictions. Once everything has been verified, we simply remove your device and get you back on the road quickly.
This time in your life can be overwhelming, but the installation and service of your interlock device shouldn’t be. From the time you call to schedule your installation appointment until the time we remove your device, you will receive prompt and friendly service from all of our customer service representatives and qualified technicians. Contact us to get the process started!
- Sign Up Now & Save
20% on Your Installation!
Thank You! A Smart Start representative will contact you as soon as possible.
I'm Brand New to Smart Start
I'm Already a Customer
I'm An Authority or Attorney